Okay, so I’m relaxing down here in Pennsylvania and thought I’d post some random thoughts …
– I’ve been enjoying watching Star Trek Voyager episodes on my iPod. I wasn’t much of fan when it aired, so maybe it just gets better on a one inch screen. Or I was too picky back in the day. Either way, I’m finding it entertaining now!
– Apparently I totally geeked out on Will Smith’s movie, “I am Legend.” Watched the dvd the other week and posted a review here. I was somewhat dissatisfied, but still enjoyed it. Well, when I found out there was an alternate ending, I was intrigued. Saw it on youtube and liked it a lot more, which got me even more intrigued. So I actually grabbed a copy of the book that the movie was based on, excited to get a little deeper into the story (I also spent a gift card over at Amazon and bought the HD version of the film which includes two versions of the moive; one with each ending). A third of the way through the book, just when I was getting into it and thinking it was getting awesome … it ended! What the heck? Nowhere on the cover did it even hint that the book was actually a collection of short stories!!! So once again, I thought it was going to go deeper than it actually did and was left frustrated. I also have to say, the short story is only vaguely similar to the Will Smith movie – for the most part, they are different stories. I also found out that this most recent movie is actually the third movie made from this 1954 short story. The first film, The Last Man on Earth, was made in 1964. And then Charlton Heston starred in the 1971 version, The Omega Man. I’ve actually been meaning to see The Omega Man for years now, so I might go try and find it today.
– I almost forgot that Diet Mt. Dew: Code Red, which is not available in Maine IS available here in Pennsylvania. I’ve gone through almost a twelve pack already. I LOVE the stuff! I have to remember to stock up before we head home.
– Playing with some writing ideas. Need to get my thoughts a little more organized and then I can actually start getting it on paper (um, actually … on screen).
– Lots of people signing up for the next round of Biggest Loser Boothbay. Should be a lot of fun! I’m looking forward to it. I’ve got piles of Biggest Loser Calorie Counter books on the way and some new resources that I will hand out to people this time around. I learn a little more each challenge, so it’s been a fun growing process!