I haven’t done one of these in a while, so here goes! A collection of random thoughts, none of which are worth a blog post on their own, but together form a blog post that … well, it still may not be worth a blog post, but I feel better for getting them out there!
- I love my wife! She surprised me with a Nintendo points card the other day (kind of like a gift card for buying downloadable games). Now I just have to decide what to get … I’m leaning towards Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi (I already have Super Star Wars), but there are a few others that have caught my eye as well.
- Speaking of video games, I’ve been playing my way through Castle Crashers with Micah, Caleb and Noah. I love four player games that are easy enough for a four year old to play, but challenging enough that I like it, too. It’s very satisfying to have the four of us working together through a game. We’re also playing our way through Super Mario Bros. Wii; we’ve gotten to world six so far. That game is TOUGH but awesome!
- I’ve been reading more books on my iPod Touch lately than I read in actual book form. I’m not quite sure when I started preferring reading in digital format – I love having all those books fit in my pocket, though. I used to be convinced I would always need a literal book in my hands to enjoy it, but I guess I was wrong. Which makes me want an iPad more than I used to … I could do my book reading on it …
- I’ve had ideas for a couple books for a while now. Kind of waking up that I need to get serious about putting together the proposals or it’s just never going to happen! I think nervousness about rejection has been holding me back, but I’ve definitely put in the time writing articles, columns, and contributing to other people’s books. If I’m honest, writing a book has been a lifelong goal for me – probably first started dreaming about it when I was seven or eight years old!
- Lost is amazing. Love it. Sad and exciting about the looming series finale!
- Somehow, Heather and I got hooked on Glee. The show is hilarious! Meanwhile, American Idol has been incredibly boring this season … can’t wait for it to finish.
- Excited for the all nighter this Friday night … I’m going to be a grouch on Saturday!
That’s all I got for now!