We were in the fifth week of our series in Student Quest this week on the book of Romans. I actually used the above video from Worship House Media as an intro to our student hour with the point being that we need to make the most of our time. I love the surprise twist in the video, how he is mostly saying good things with some weirdness here and there. Ultimately, we don’t have to go way off the deep end to miss out on a full relationship with God – and I love that he kind of draws that out here. With the lesson series on Romans, we’re using The Complete New Testament Resource, Volume 1 from Youth Specialties as a launching pad for the series. Melissa M led the middle school while Paul R led the high school group. If you want to follow along, you can listen to the high school teaching on our student ministry podcast. This week we talked about the joy we have in God, and how He wants us to respond to difficult times in our lives. A great family follow up activity would be to read Romans 5:1-5 together and use the following discussion questions:
- In what ways can suffering, pain, and hard times produce positive results rather than negative results?
- How does God help Christians when they have problems?
- What can keep us positive and even full of joy when we’re going through challenges and conflicts?
- How does not having hope affect a person?
- How does a person find hope?