We were in the sixth week of our series in Student Quest this week on the book of Romans. We’re using The Complete New Testament Resource, Volume 1 from Youth Specialties as a launching pad for the series. Jeff M led the middle school while I led the high school group. If you want to follow along, you can listen to the high school teaching on our student ministry podcast. In this sixth week, we took a close look at chapter six.
The heart of this chapter is about repentance and ultimately who we’re serving. Are we giving ourselves to God or looking to see how much we can still get away with in the world – which ultimately means we’re slaves to our sin. A great follow up activity for the whole family would be to read Romans 6:12-18, 23 together and then use the following discussion questions:
- What choices do we have about what will be most important to us?
- What important choices does someone your age make during a year’s time that strongly set the course of that person’s life?
- Why is it so much easier to choose sin and doing wrong rather than following God?
- In what ways does sin and doing what is wrong destroy a person’s life?
- What changes happen in people who decide to follow Christ and do what he says?