None of them are worth their own blog post, but here are some of the movies I’ve been watching and what I think …
- John Carter: yup, it’s already on DVD. The colossal flop of the year. Mostly due to poor marketing decisions. The movie itself was a fun version of a classic book. I enjoyed it.
- Journey 2 – The Mysterious Island: fun sequel to the Brendan Frasier original. They replaced him with The Rock. My sons loved it and won’t stop telling each other to ‘pop your pecs.’ This is, of course, hilarious to me.
- Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol: being a big fan of Mission Impossible movies, I totally enjoyed it. Nothing overly new about it, but still good.
- Chronicle: another ‘found footage’ film about some teens getting super powers. It was unique, I liked it, and am looking forward to the sequel.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks – Chipwrecked: better than the second Chipmunk film. My kids LOVED it, and I haven’t minded it the first few times I’ve seen it.
- The Muppets: stinkin’ hilarious. You have to see it. I want an eighties robot.
- Tower Heist: a lot of fun. Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, a bunch of other comedians. Not a new story of any sort, but still a good time.